ABOUT JAMES RIVER MECHANICAL
James River Mechanical is an industrial and mechanical contractor that self performs and specializes in light to heavy industrial piping installations and maintenance support. These operations are carried out at facilities that include, shipbuilding/ship repair, food processing, chemical processing, medical, and manufacturing. Our niche is the ability to deliver high quality piping installations with safe and rapid response.
The officers, management, and workers have a very strong commitment to safety. Our safety program is very well established. The program is continuously improved as a result of our corporate culture and is adjusted as the industry develops new methods.
Our people have a strong work ethic and are committed to delivering a high quality product.
James River Mechanical is well established in the market, financially stable and has the resources to perform quickly /efficiently in a highly demanding environment. JRM teams with the best general contractors, subcontractors and other suppliers to consistently ensure the successful delivery of our services. Numerous repairs and projects are completed daily within schedule at the lowest possible cost.
Another key component of our success can be directly linked to partnering with our customers. We value and appreciate our customers. They are industry leaders and we proud to be a part of their processes. We are therefore extremely loyal to them and are vested in their continued success.
James River Mechanical Facts
- Founded in 1986 by Charles R. Fitchett. Charles served his apprenticeship as a plumber/pipefitter, worked as a welder, foreman, then superintendent and performed controls work on numerous sites and projects prior to opening the company.
- JRM has become a second generation company owned and operated by Morgan R. Fitchett. Morgan has a B.S. in Business Management from the University of Virginia Tech and has worked in the trade for over twenty years.
- James River’s team typically consists of 30-45 employees.
- Experience serving industries such as: – Ship Repair and Shipbuilding – Chemical – Manufacturing – Food Processing – Beverage/Brewery – Medical
- JRM has completed well over 8,000 projects ranging from small rapid response repairs to projects exceeding 2 million dollars.
- Won the Northrop Grumman – Newport News Shipbuilding EH&S Outstanding Contractor Award (2006).
- Has supported Newport News Shipbuilding’s operation for over twenty five years.